Thursday, August 13, 2009

face of dancehall


Category: Music
After much thought throughout the day I have decided to blog about 
the face of dancehall music in today's blog
I am looking at some of dancehall  artistes that has international recognition 
and which one of us will be taking the music to where I thought it was going a few 
years ago .
I will start with beenie man the most talented entertainer in the business but I am not sure if he can do it all over again.
 With songs like Who Am I ,Slam,Romie,Dude songs that has cross over formula, the beat, the hook, the whole production was great so with dave kelly and the team beenie had at that point I really don't know but I will leave it there 
The next person on my list would be Myself Mr Vegas 
After 12 years of trying to reach to the next  level I have accept my role and is now 
comfortable with touring, recording and if it happens it happens I just try to put out some good songs because at my age I sometimes  feel like Heineken startime will soon come calling and the fact that so many albums that went out into the market place by bad labels and no promotion there is nothing that will let a label take a look at me after they look at the poor sound scan and I know this because whenever there is a song like Hot wuk ,Tek weh yuhself Muss come a road  and now I am blessed its so easy to get them at the table but as soon as that  part of the conversation comes in I know its a rap they never call back even if my rep points out heads high album did great numbers on a independent label .So I taken myself out 
Now the next person on my list is Sean paul 
I respect what Sean Paul for what he has done for the music in terms of spreading the name but I think he could have done what Akon did he could have been  the one to walk other artist into majors and say he or she is the next thing and as long as he put his SP seal on that artist its a rap, but that never happened and as for  now I might be wrong but I think he has lost some of the power he once had and the formula he used a few years ago even with his last album he has ditched it for whatever reason but I think the winning formula was when he would record on the hot dancehall tracks even if it was already out because he has the name that cross over radio knows so with he is  on  the hottest beat they would play his cut and thats what i think was working .For example Dwalli Riddim he was the last one to record and that song was the  first billboard number 1, now good life is the hottest riddim and  no sean paul on it ,ok one more look at temperature he was the last one to record on the  applause beat and it  was another number 1 , now show off riddim with No games ,so special crossing over I can only guess what sean style would have done to that beat so with the beat he is using now  I am not sure if he still has the chance to save the music now that stations like power 96 in miami is  the last to pick up his So fine single and that is the station that was always on board first when it comes to him .  I have stated  before I might be wrong but I don't think the formula Sean is using now is  gonna save dancehall 
Now my next choice is Serani and I can't say much about this subject but one thing I will say the opportunity is hard to come by so when you get it you got to pull up your socks and lace your shoes up don't be a bust number 1 draft pic 
leave a comment at the end of my blog .bless 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment